#1 Thing You Can Do For Your Health - DRINK WATERMay 11, 2022
What's the #1 thing you can do for your health? 🤷♀️
Hint... it doesn't have anything to do with food or exercise.
⭐️⭐️⭐️ DRINK WATER ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Health benefits of drinking water include:
💧 Carrying nutrients and oxygen to all of the cells in our body. 90% of our blood is made of water, making water essential for proper bodily function
💧 Helping to regulate our body temperature
💧 Cushioning our joints
💧 Stabilizing our heartbeat
💧 Normalizing our blood pressure
💧 Aiding digestion
💧 Protecting our organs and tissue
💧 Helping to prevent constipation
💧 Flushing bacteria from our bladder
💧 Maintaining the electrolyte (sodium) balance in our body
💧 Helping to maximize physical performance
💧 Helping us to have enough energy
💧 Promoting healthy brain function
💧 Preventing and treating headaches
💧 Boosting skin health
💧 Helping with weight loss
So how much water do you need? Try to aim for 50% of your bodyweight in ounces every day. (EX: if you weight 150lbs aim for 75 ounces/day) More if you exercise or live in a hot climate.
Ideas to Help You Drink More Water:
- Drink a big glass of water immediately after waking up
- Make it convenient by carrying a water bottle with you all day
- Drink a 1 big glass of water before each meal or snack
- Drink 1 glass every hour on the hour while at work
- Add a splash of juice to your water
- Freeze pieces of lemons, limes and oranges then use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing!
- Drink decaf tea/coffee instead of regular - no sweetener or cream
- Try hot water with a drop of honey
- Drink with a straw so you take bigger gulps
- Make a bet with a co-worker and see who can drink more each day
- Make it convenient - keep your water bottle with you all day
- After each trip to the restroom, guzzle a glass of water to replenish your system
- Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work or finish it on the way home - it's like a race
- Eat water-based soups, broths or bullions - try low sodium varieties
- Crush cravings by downing a glass of water immediately when you have craving - you will feel full right away and hopefully the craving will pass
Want to learn more easy ways to eat healthier without deprivation or cravings?
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.